PrintTwist is a command level PrintList™ Pro Competitor.
With a few basic modifications, PrintTwist runs your existing PLP
Code. PrintTwist can also run in "Wrapper Mode": as a
complete wrapper around PLP code.
"Printing, with a Twist"
- Compatible with 4D 6.8.1 through 2004.2 (you can even use pointers
to local arrays in 2004.1+)
- Fully open source code: You can see how it's done, and modify it
if you like
- Command Level replacement of PLP Code: Just change PL_ to PT_ for
all configuration commands (Minimal additional programming required)
- PrintTwist emulates the output of PrintList™ Pro EXTREMEMLY
closely. Holding up the two outputs side by side, you will have a
difficult time distinguishing any differences.
- PrintTwist can run in one of two modes. You can easily switch between
- as an autonomous 4D component: PrintList™ Pro
is not required
to run PrintTwist
- as a wrapper around PrintList™ Pro.
Using this method, you can choose to run the same reports in
needs. This is ideal for if you only own PLP for one platform,
and you want to use PrintTwist on an alternate platform.
- Supports ALL PrintList™ Pro features except:
- Printing Pictures
- Programmatic configuration
of divider colors or patterns (divider colors and patterns
can be customized using the
- Printing a "Subset" of array elements. This feature in PLP
is primarily to work around the 32K Row limit, which does not exist in PrintTwist.
- PrintTwist contains a number of commands that enhance the basic
PLP command set, such as...
- Ability to get a page count for your report before printing
- Mix Array and Fields in the same report
- Compatability with local arrays in 4D 2004.1+
- Additional break calculations
- Demo Database and Documentation included
Note: If you want to use the "Auto-column width" feature, then you must have
one of the following pluggins: (either one will do)
- DC Text2Array (by DataCraft: no-hassle license available)
- US Count Lines: Part of Foundation Extras. If your application uses Foundation,
than you can use this.
PrintTwist requires 4th Dimension, version 6.8.1